Around the Sea is located at 130 Lantern Hill Drive, North Rustico, PE C0A 1N0.
Driving directions: Take Route 6 to North Rustico and turn onto Harbourview Dr. at the Fisherman's Wharf Lobster Suppers. Lantern Hill Drive is the third street on the left. Just look for the round house that is rotating. :)
North Rustico is located in the Northern part PEI and is 30 km Northwest of Charlottetown and only minutes away from Cavendish and the famous land of Anne of Green Gables. North Rustico's primary industries are fishing, tourism and agriculture. The fishing industry remains the community's most important economic activity, with approximately 40 vessels home ported in a small craft harbour. Lobster fishing is the main focus for much of the fleet and during May and June fresh Prince Edward Island lobster from the north Shore is available for purchase. North Rustico is recognized as having one of the best lobster grounds on the Island.
We welcome you to come and visit our community. Sample fresh seafood at one of the restaurants or markets, browse the shops, play in the park, go deep sea fishing, or take a walk along the beach or the boardwalk. These are just a few of the many experiences to enjoy while visiting North Rustico.
To see a list of our absolute FAVOURITE things to do in our area, click HERE.
Golf within 15 min:
- Map showing all courses
- Glasgow Hills Resort & Golf Club
- Rustico Resort Golf & Country Club
- Green Gables Golf Club
- Eagles Glenn Golf Course
- Anderson's Creek Golf Course
Attractions within 15 min:
- Cavendish Beach
- Avonlea Village:
Located in Cavendish, the interactive village offers visitors the chance to live the Anne story taking them back to 1908 through song and sets. Costumed actors guide your way around the miniature houses and they will have you singing for ice cream in no time. (902) 963-3050
- Green Gables Original Site:
Every summer about 2,000 people per day flood through the gates of this Prince Edward Island National Park to enjoy the wooded hills and walking trails. But this site, acquired by Parks Canada in 1937, offers a twist. Here, fact and fiction blur. The farm house preserved on the property was the home of Montgomery's relatives and is apparently the inspiration for Green Gables of novel fame. The surrounding forest is the haunted woods that inspired Anne's imagination. (902) 963-7874
- L.M. Montgomery Grave:
Anne of Green Gable's author was born in PEI in 1874 and raised in Cavendish by her maternal grandparents after her mother's death 21 months after L.M.'s birth. She moved to Ontario after marrying at the age of 36 but returned to her final resting place in Cavendish after she died in 1942. She's buried in a simple grave in her home town and occasionally visitors stop to pay respects.
- Watermark Theatre: Within walking distance, this little theatre has GREAT plays in an intimate atmosphere with a 20% discount for our guests!
- The Great Canadian Soap Company
- Ripley's Beleive it Or Not! Odditorium
- Sandspit Amusement Park
- Shining Waters Family Fun Park
- Prince Edward Island Preserve Company
- Grandpa's Antique Photo Studio
- River of Adventure Mini Golf
Outdoor adventure within 15 min:
Restaurants within 15 min:
- The Blue Mussel Cafe
- The Pearl Eatery
- Glasgow Glen Farm
- Prince Edward Island Preserve Company
- New Glasgow Lobster Suppers
- By the Bay Restaurant
- Fisherman's Wharf Lobster Suppers
A little further, but worth the trip:
- Greenwich Park & Beach: Perhaps the prettiest place in PEI & my wife's favourite. Simply breathtaking - no kidding.
- Basin Head Park & Beach: The "singing sands" beach was named Canada's best beach in 2013!
- Victoria by the Sea: Beautiful & quaint - see a play at the theatre & have a great bite to eat
- PEI Segway tours: A fun way to explore downtown Summerside!
- PEI Brewing Company: You will sample their beer in your complimentary Welcome Basket here at Around the Sea and we recommend a site visit to PEI's premier brewery where you can tour and sample their many beers on tap.